Natural & Organic Tile Trends
Whether you’re considering kitchen or bathroom remodels or flooring for your great room, entryway, or dining area, we have the style trends for 2018. Timeless yet stylish, these tile trends provide a breath of fresh air for your home and your spirit.
At St. Louis Tile, we have the latest tile selections that complement nature and offer an elegant earthiness that’s calming and inviting. Once we’ve helped you choose the right tiles for your new renovation project, you’ll be on your way to creating an at-home oasis that’s irresistible.
Soft Texture, Luxurious Neutrals, and Geometric Tile Shapes
Your home is your sanctuary – it’s where you relax and spend time with family and friends. It should feel like a get-away and this year’s tile trends don’t disappoint. 2018 ushers in a color palette of soft hues like cashmere, grey, beige, blues, whites, and terra cotta. Tumbled, textured, and organic matte finishes abound as do mid-century geometrical shapes and patterns with contrasting grout. And don’t panic – subway tile is still a staple, it simply comes with a twist this year.
Tile Trends for 2018
- Earthy, organic, tumbled, matte tiles like Travertine and Slate offer an elegant yet natural feel; mainly used for flooring but increasingly popular for bathrooms and showers as they don’t show smudges and water marks like their glossy counterparts.
- Terra Cotta is neutral and rustic, offering warmth and versatility. Many hues and shapes to choose from – can be used for flooring, walls, backsplashes.
- Zellige takes tile to a new level. It’s a very unique glazed terra cotta from Morocco. It is satiny with hand-created texture. A great option for showers, backsplashes, kitchens, and accents.
- Glass tiles are still in style in toned down beige, greys, and cashmere. Perfect choice for a smaller area like a powder room. Accent with white tile for brightness, especially if no window.
- Geometric shapes add the perception of size and designer flair to any room. Hexagonal tiles are the 2018 favorite.
- Geometric patterns like squares and triangles from mid-century can be seen everywhere – floors, walls, showers, kitchens, backsplashes. Liven up any room and use with contrasting grout to make a statement.
- And last but never least – subway tiles! No more white only. Subway tiles have popped with color and different finishes, adding a little flair to tradition. Use in brick and parquet patterns with colored grout or mix white with colored accent tiles as bands and borders.
St. Louis Tile
Installing new tile can be a tough decision so you want to be sure you do it right and get years of enjoyment out of your choices. St. Louis Tile has a showroom with thousands of tile choices, displays, and designers on hand to help you choose tile that will not only be beautiful and add value, it will make any home feel like a retreat.
Best St. Louis Tile Selection
If you are a homeowner, contractor, or interior designer, let our experts simplify your tile and remodel experience. We offer the best tile and supply selection in the St. Louis area, competitive pricing, professional designers, and recommended full-service, trusted professional contractors.