Tile – Not Just for Indoors Anymore
Spring is around the corner and that leads to daydreams of sunshine, fresh air, and outdoor living. Sipping coffee or wine on the patio, sitting by the fire, entertaining friends and family at a Saturday BBQ, or hanging around the pool … it’s hard not to smile from thoughts of spring and summer living. Are you ready?
You’ve taken care to make the inside of your home feel just right, why not extend those feelings to your outdoor living area. St. Louis Tile is here to help you renovate, create, and bring the joy of indoor living to your outdoor areas simply and stylishly with outside tile and design ideas.
More Than Just a Patio
We’re lucky in the St. Louis area – we get to enjoy being outside for nearly 8 months a year. With the trends leaning toward outdoor living as an extension of indoor square footage, porches and patios have become more like our living rooms and kitchens, our gathering places – and they add tangible value to your home. That’s why it’s important to consider all your design and tile options when planning your outdoor retreat.
Greet Guests with Tile & Warmth
Instead of a plain old cement porch, add terra cotta or travertine tile with accent grout, some cushioned chairs and a few plants, and you’ll beautify the entire front of your home. It also adds curb appeal, greets your guests with warmth, and feels irresistible after a long day.
Adding a stone façade to the porch walls or a built-in water feature bumps up the charm even more. We have hundreds of tile, stone, and brick choices that are functional and beautiful for porch living.
Outdoor Tile Ideas
Backyard patios have come a long way! The outdoor tile ideas and options are endless. We’re seeing more and more earthy tile, slate, and travertine being used for the main flooring under covered patios and on accent walls.
Let’s face it – outdoor space is barefoot territory. Tile can be more comfortable underfoot and easier to clean. When accented by comfortable furniture, tables, chairs, rugs, plants, and accessories, you won’t be able to resist spending most of your time outside.
Outdoor Trends That Invite Gathering
- A built-in fireplace, fire pit, fire table, or fire bowl is a must-have for evening gathering.
- Outdoor kitchens with geometric tiles add a bit of color and chef’s flair to cooking in nature.
- Built-in pizza oven and BBQ can limit your trips to the kitchen and make cooking a breeze.
- An attractive bar with the right stone or tile and comfy bar stools is inviting and relaxing.
- Custom water features add a touch of Zen and are pleasing to the eye.
- Stone accents at the base of pergola uprights or columns make for a warm, less structural look.
- Ground cover between pavers adds a touch of elegance and helps with rainwater absorption.
- Pavers laid in a herringbone design or with borders draw the eye and lend a high-spec feel.
- Choosing to expand your patio design to the pool deck and other areas of your yard creates a cohesive line and brings your entire outdoor space together.
St. Louis Tile Showroom
For outdoor living area ideas, consider slate, travertine, stone, and terra cotta tile in beautiful organic selections to make your outdoor oasis everything you dreamed of and more. For inspiration, St. Louis Tile has a beautiful showroom with displays and thousands of options on hand. Our expert staff will meet with you and help you design your outdoor living space with care.
We work with homeowners, interior designers, contractors, and landscapers to help make whatever project you’re planning finish with a grand result. We offer free consultations and are open 7 days a week. Come see us just west of St. Louis in Ellisville or contact us for more information. 636-220-3550